Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Blueberry Raspberry Breakfast Fro-yo

This has been my absolute go to breakfast these past few weeks. I don't know what it is about frozen yogurt, it just has a great tangy sweetness! The best part about this fro-yo is that you don't need an ice cream maker, just a bowl and a spoon will do :).



I'm hooked on these Vega smoothie mixes! (my favourite so far has to be Bodacious Berry). Not the biggest fan of the Tropical Tango, it has a sort of artificial Trident gum taste :P.  



1 cup yogurt (I used half greek half 2.5%)
Handful frozen blueberries
Handful frozen raspberries
1 scoop Vega Energizing Smoothie (I used Tropical Tango)
Bananas
Shredded coconut (or any other toppings you like!)

Combine yogurt, vega, and berries in a bowl. Mash with spoon until raspberries have blended with yogurt (takes about a minute or 2). As you mash the yogurt freezes around the berries and you're left with grade A frozen yogurt! Top with bananas and coconut, and voila!



4 comments:

  1. Is Vega like a protein powder type thing? Not sure I've ever seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use vegan yogurt or is this not an all vegan blog anymore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are omnivorous now, all vegan recipes will be labeled though!

      Delete
  3. Worries go down better with soup. Ella

    ReplyDelete